Briefing notes
Comparative graph
Fact sheet
About us
Bookmark and Share
  change font size تصغير الخط تكبير الخط print
Home » Children »

Testimony: H.K.Q.


Name: H.K.Q.
Age: 14
Date of incident: 7 September 2015
Location: Tura, West Bank
Accusation: Throwing stones
On 6 September 2015, a 14-year-old boy from Tura is arrested by Israeli soldiers on his way to the shops and is accused of throwing stones. He is released 7 hours later without charge.
I was arrested from the main road at around 6:00 p.m. I was on my way to the store to buy some things when suddenly two Israeli military jeeps appeared and some boys began to throw stones at them. I fled and entered a shop. Some soldiers followed me into the shop and arrested me.
Immediately after my arrest one of the soldiers struck me hard with the back of his gun and I fell. A soldier then grabbed me by the arm which left bruises. I was in pain. My hands were then tied behind my back with three plastic ties: one on each wrist and one connecting the two. They also blindfolded me and took me to a jeep and made me sit on the metal floor.
The soldiers beat me inside the jeep. The jeep then drove towards the nearby settlement of Shaked which also has a military base.
On arrival at the settlement I was taken to a small room measuring around 2x2 metres and made to sit on the floor. Some soldiers entered and told me I had to confess that I threw stones at soldiers and that if I didn't they were going to lock me up in prison for six months and would beat me and throw me off the roof and pluck my fingernails. I told the soldiers I didn't throw stones at anyone. The soldiers did not write a statement or anything and I felt they wanted to scare me.
The soldiers left and I remained in the room by myself. I was still blindfolded and tied. I remained in the room until around 1:00 a.m. when I was taken back to a jeep. This time I sat on a seat.
The jeep drove for about 15 minutes and then stopped and I was taken out of the jeep and the ties and the blindfold were removed. I realized I was at Salem military base.. About 15 minutes later the Palestinian police arrived and I was released. My father was waiting for me and I went with him to the police station in Jenin where I gave a statement. I arrived home with my father at around 2:30 a.m.