Briefing notes
Comparative graph
Fact sheet
About us
Bookmark and Share
  change font size تصغير الخط تكبير الخط print
Home » Children »

Testimony: A.N.M.J.


Name: A.N.M.J.
Age: 9
Date of incident: 26 July 2016
Location: Zububa, West Bank
Accusation: None
On 26 July 2016, a 9-year-old boy is detained without explanation by Israeli soldiers near the Wall. He is released 10 hours later.
I was playing with my friends in an area near the Wall at around 4:00 p.m. when an Israeli patrol suddenly appeared. Two soldiers opened a gate in the Wall and started to chase us. We were scared and started to run but the soldiers ran faster and managed to catch up with us. They also fired stun grenades in our direction. When they caught one of my friends I stopped running and they caught me. They did not tell me why they were detaining me.
Shortly afterwards a military jeep arrived and I was put in the back of the jeep where they made me sit on the floor.  I refused and wanted to sit on the seat but the soldiers forced me on the floor. Later on when the jeep drove away I managed to sit on the seat.
The jeep drove for about 30 minutes to Al Jalama checkpoint. The other boys who were arrested with me told me it was Al Jalama. I was taken to a courtyard where a soldier asked me for my name and age and then started to speak in Hebrew but I didn’t understand what he was saying. I remained in the courtyard for about 30 minutes and then I was taken to a dark room with other boys including my brother where I sat on the floor. I remained there for about two hours.
After two hours I was taken with the other boys to another room which had cameras and computers. The soldiers blindfolded me and then brought some mattresses and told us to sleep. They also brought us some apples and bread.
I slept until around 1:00 a.m. when soldiers walked in and told me they were going to release me. They took me to the back of a jeep where I fell asleep. The jeep drove to Salem checkpoint where I was handed over to the Palestinian police.  My father picked me up and took me home. We arrived home at around 4:30 a.m. I was released without charge and I wasn’t even interrogated. I still don’t know the reason for my arrest.