Briefing notes
Comparative graph
Fact sheet
About us
Bookmark and Share
  change font size تصغير الخط تكبير الخط print
Home » Children »

Testimony: Q.W.F.W.


Name: Q.W.F.W.
Age: 15
Date: 21 June 2017
Location: Al 'Arrub, West Bank
Accusation: Throwing stones/Molotovs

On 21 June 2017, a 15-year-old youth from the Al 'Arrub refugee camp is arrested by Israeli soldiers at 7:00 a.m. He reports being interrogated without being informed of his legal rights. He is released without charge 11 hours later.

My mother woke me up at around 7:00 a.m. and told me something was going on outside our house. My father was traveling and we were alone with my mother. Shortly afterwards I heard very loud banging at the front door and then it sounded like the front door had been broken.
My mother rushed to see what was going on as a group of Israeli soldiers entered our home and started to search before we even had time to open the door. One soldier dragged me outside the house, took a picture of me on his mobile phone then shackled and handcuffed me to the front with metal handcuffs. The handcuffs were painful. I wanted to say goodbye to my mother but they refused.
I was then led towards the nearby military base. On the way I was put in the back of a troop carrier where I sat on a seat. I was then also blindfolded.
The troop carrier drove to the police station in Etzion settlement. On arrival at the settlement I was left outside in a shipping container for about 30 minutes. During this time I asked to use the toilet and they allowed me. Then I was taken for interrogation.
Somebody called captain Moshe took me to a corridor and started to question me. He turned the lights off and spoke to me via an interpreter. He asked me why I throw Molotov cocktails at soldiers. I told him I did not throw Molotov cocktails. Then he told me he did not like liars and took me into a room where another interrogator was sitting.
The second interrogator did not inform me of my rights and immediately accused me of throwing stones on Route 60 and hitting a settler car. He told me the settler’s name was Ismail. Then he asked me whether I attended a particular funeral and I told him I did not. Then he told me a friend of mine, who hangs out with me, had told him I threw Molotov cocktail during the funeral. I told him I was at home at the time of the funeral and did not take part in it.
Half way through the interrogation he called a lawyer and showed me a document which said I had the right to consult with a lawyer and he made me sign the document. Then he showed me some pictures and asked me to identify the boys in the pictures and told me to confess against the boys. He also told me that 10 other boys had already confessed against me and named seven of them. The interrogation lasted for about two hours and I denied the accusations.
After the interrogation I was taken to a room where I tried to rest for about 30 minutes in order to be able to answer more questions. Then I was taken back for interrogation.
This time the interrogator started by telling me he did not like liars. When I told him I was not telling lies he banged the table and shouted at me saying I was a liar. Then he wanted to know who my uncles were and who my father’s uncles were and who my cousins were. I told him all my cousins were young. Then he threw a bunch of documents and scattered them around and told me he did not like liars.
Then the interrogator showed me a picture of a boy and asked me for his name. He told me to stop lying. He told me he was willing to drop the accusation that I hit a settler car but in return he wanted me to confess against other boys. He told me they had already confessed against me and urged me to confess against them. I challenged him to confront me with the boys but he never did. In the end he told me he was going to lock me up in prison.
Then he showed me a document in Hebrew and asked me to sign it but I refused to sign. Then he told me if helped him he was going to help me in return and send me home. I refused to confess.
After the interrogation I was taken to a courtyard where I sat in the sun for about an hour. Then my mother came and took me home. I arrived home at around 6:00 p.m.  I was released without charge.