Briefing notes
Comparative graph
Fact sheet
About us
Bookmark and Share
  change font size تصغير الخط تكبير الخط print
Home » Children »

Testimony: S.F.S.


Name: S.F.S.
age: 16
Date of incident: 29 October 2015
Location: Ni'lin, West Bank
Accusation: Throwing stones
On 29 October 2015, a 16-year-old youth from Ni’lin is arrested by Israeli soldiers at 2:00 a.m. and accused of throwing stones.
I woke up at around 2:00 a.m. to the sound of loud banging at the front door. I was terrified. A group of Israeli soldiers entered our house and started to talk to my father telling him they had come to arrest me. The soldiers asked to see my identity card and told me to step aside. Then they told me to go outside. I asked to be allowed to get dressed but the soldiers refused.
The soldiers led me to a waiting military jeep. They tied my hands to the back with one plastic tie which was very tight. They also blindfolded me and took me into the back of the jeep and made me sit on the metal floor. A soldier beat me with his gun in my eye and another soldier accused me of throwing stones at soldiers. I told him I didn’t throw stones at soldiers. He then kicked me on my knee.
The jeep drove around the village and the soldiers arrested other people. The jeep then drove for about 15 minutes to the nearby military base where I was taken to see a doctor. The doctor removed the tie and the blindfold and examined me. I was tied and blindfolded again when he was done. I was then taken to a room where I sat on the floor. There were other detainees in the room. I repeatedly asked to use the toilet and I was finally told I could use the bathroom but while tied and blindfolded but I refused because it was impossible.
At around 7:00 a.m. I was put back in the jeep which drove to the police station in Binyamin settlement. On arrival I was taken to a room where I sat on the floor until around 10:00 a.m. I was then taken for interrogation.
The interrogator removed the tie and the blindfold. I asked to use the toilet and he allowed me. He then told me I had the right to remain silent and the right to consult with a lawyer. When I told him I wanted to talk to a lawyer he asked me for a lawyer’s number but I told him I didn’t know any lawyers and didn’t have any numbers. I told him it was him who should have a number for a lawyer. He then asked me for my parents’ number and I gave it to him. I think he deliberately dialed the wrong number and told me there was no answer. I felt he wasn’t telling the truth.
The interrogator was in police uniform. He accused me of throwing stones at soldiers. I denied the accusation and told him I didn’t throw stones at anyone. He then showed me a picture of someone throwing stones at soldiers. I denied that it was a picture of me. He interrogated me for about an hour. During this time he swore a lot saying bad things about god and religion.
I was then taken outside for about 30 minutes where I sat on the floor. I was tied and blindfolded like before. Then another interrogator took me for a second round of interrogation. The second interrogator told me his name was captain Fouad. He told me I had to confess to throwing stones at soldiers and that if I didn’t he was going to open up my ass. He slapped me hard on the neck. I told him I was going to report him to the judge. He then called another interrogator and the two of them started to interrogate me. The interrogation lasted for about four hours.
Captain Fouad asked me a lot about people from my village. I felt he wanted to gather information. He again accused me of throwing stones at soldiers but I denied the accusation. He then printed out my statement in Hebrew and asked me to sign it but I refused because I couldn’t understand what was written in it.
I was then photographed and fingerprinted and taken to a courtyard where I remained on the ground until around 5:00 p.m. I was then taken to the back of a jeep where I sat on the metal floor. The jeep drove for about an hour to Ofer prison, near Ramallah.
At Ofer I was strip searched and taken to Section 13. On Sunday, 1 November, I was taken to Ofer military court. I remained in the waiting room and never entered the court room and I did not see a lawyer. I was then taken back to prison and later I was released. I took a taxi home at around 7:00 p.m.