[10 June 2015] - Today, MCW lodged a submission with the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment annexing over 300 pages of evidence relating to the treatment of children held in Israeli military detention. The evidence includes the cases of 200 minors detained by the Israeli military in the West Bank between January 2013 and May 2015.
- Verification that the evidence supports the conclusion that the ill-treatment of children who come in contact with the military detention system still appears to be widespread, systematic and institutionalized; and
- Confirmation of a causative link between the policy of successive Israeli governments of transferring parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies and the detention of Palestinian minors.
- Submission to the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture
- Annexure A – Israeli Prison Service (IPS) detention figures for minors (2008-2015)
- Annexure B – Comparative graph – issues of concern (2013-2015)
- Annexure C – Table of issues of concern – 200 cases (2013-2015)
- Annexure D – 200 testimonies (2013-2015)
- Annexure E - Summons
- Annexure F - Arrest document