Comparative graph
Fact sheet
About us
Bookmark and Share
  change font size تصغير الخط تكبير الخط print
Home » Children »

Testimony: S.E.B.


Name: S.E.B.
Age: 17
Date of incident: 26 November 2015
Location: Deir Jarir, West Bank
Accusation: None
On 26 November 2015, a 17-year-old minor from Deir Jarir was arrested by Israeli soldiers at 7:00 p.m. from a car on a main road. He reports ill treatment. He reports that he was not questioned or accused of any offence. He reports being released without charge 15 hours after he was arrested. 
I was arrested on the main road in the nearby village of Deir Jarir at around 7:00 p.m. I was in a car with a group of friends. We were on our way to visit friends of ours in another village when  an Israeli military jeep approached us. The jeep overtook our car, turned around and hit our car from behind. I was in the back seat near the window and our car hit a wall before stopping. We were not hurt.
As soon as we stopped soldiers dragged me out of the car and pushed me to the ground. They did the same to my friends. The soldiers beat me and asked me to take everything out of my pockets.  They also asked to see my identity card. Then they blindfolded me and tied my hands behind my back with one plastic tie. The tie was painful. The soldiers also called me "a son of a fucking whore".
Then the soldiers made me kneel down on the ground for about two hours. During this time they searched the car. Then they took me into the back of the jeep and made me sit on the floor. They continued to beat me.
The jeep drove for about 10 minutes towards the nearby settlement of Ofra where I was taken to a courtyard. It was a cold evening and soldiers slapped me each time I tried to sleep. I was not allowed to use the toilet and I wasn’t given any food or drink.
At around 1:00 a.m. some soldiers took me to the military watchtower and made me sit on a wooden structure. I fell asleep for a short time. A around 4:00 a.m. I was put back on the floor of the jeep. The jeep drove for about 30 minutes and then it stopped. I was taken out of the jeep and made to kneel down on my knees for about 30 minutes. I was still tied and blindfolded.
Then I was put back in the jeep which drove back to the military watchtower. I remained in the watchtower until around 10:00 a.m. I was then put in a jeep which drove to the settlement of Bet El where I was handed over to the Palestinian police. I was then taken to the Palestinian police station where I gave a testimony. A relative of mine picked me up and took me home. I was released without charge and I still don’t know the reason for my detention.